Andover Town Youth FC Under 11 Whites vs. Tadley Calleva Under 11 Gladiators

Leigh Williams Windows sponsored Andover Town Youth FC White U11 followed their opening weekend win with a home match against Tadley Calleva Gladiators. This was the first time that the team had played at their new home ground East Anton Sports Ground and so were keen to open their account with a win.

Andover started brightly and were immediately pressuring Tadley Calleva and looking for the first goal. Harry Cable and Freddie Randall in attack were causing all sorts of problems for the Tadley defence and it was Cable who opened the scoring for Andover. Jake Hardy was solid in midfield and was ably supported by Oliver Hartnell on the right playing in only his second match in midfield and Man of the Match Cristian Storr on the left returning from injury. Andover added a second soon after through Finlay Hewlett and looked comfortable at 2-0 heading towards the half-time whistle. However, this soon changed when Tadley Calleva pulled a goal back from a solo free kick strike to go into the break with Andover just in front at 2-1.

The second half started with Tadley more confident on the ball after opening their account and Andover found themselves under pressure. James Reeks and Aaron Longland playing in only their second game in defence were rarely troubled and were supported by Maxwell Bailey in the centre. Joseph Lyons playing in goal made some assured saves to keep Andover ahead and prevent Tadley from equalising. Andover strived to catch Tadley on the break and it was on such a break that Freddie Randall was brought down in the penalty area and was awarded a penalty kick. Randall stepped up to take the penalty but sent the spot kick straight at the goalkeeper who parried the ball and Tadley managed to get the rebound clear for a corner kick which was safely cleared. Luke Collins playing in his first match in midfield showed some good touches and was linking up well with the strikers but it was a run from Cristian Storr down the left wing and his cross into the area that secured Andover’s third goal from a Tadley own goal and so the scores remained at full time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *